Key steps to sun safety
Follow these simple rules to make sure your pupils enjoy the sun safely!
On days when the sun is strong:
- 1 Spend time in the shade, especially between 11am and 3pm.
- 2 Wear a wide-brimmed hat, sunglasses and t-shirt to protect you from too much strong sun.
- 3 Wear sunscreen and re-apply regularly, particularly after swimming, sweating or changing clothes.
- 4 It’s important to drink water in hot weather to help you stay hydrated.
- 5 Remember if your own shadow is shorter than you then the sun is at its strongest and you should protect yourself.
For more information from Cancer Research UK on sun protection in schools and enjoying the sun safely visit www.sunsmart.org.uk/schools/